Hilton is opening its first luxury Waldorf Astoria property in the Guanacaste region of Costa Rica, an area known for its stunning scenery, tropical forests, and beautiful beaches.
Located on a peninsula overlooking the ocean, Waldorf Astoria Guanacaste will offer 190 guest rooms and 25 Waldorf Astoria branded residences. The new hotel will be near Guanacaste’s international airport and two nearby beach towns featuring lively restaurants, bars, and local shops.
Additional highlights include:
- Signature restaurant and bar, a specialty outlet, and a gelato shop
- Holistic wellness center with gym, outdoor yoga, and lap and thermal pools
- Cenote-inspired spa with eight treatment rooms, plus three outdoor treehouse-style treatment rooms
- Kids’ center and teen’s club with family-friendly activities
- Meeting space including an event lawn and a ceremonial pavilion for weddings
The new hotel will focus on sustainable luxury with an emphasis on architecture that blends into the surroundings, native flora and fauna, and offerings that connect guests with the natural environment. All resort vehicles utilized on the property will be electric.
Waldorf Astoria Guanacaste is currently under construction and is expected to open in 2025.